Is the converse of Vertically opposite angles true?

A

Apoorva Shukla

Apoorva Shukla Asks: Is the converse of Vertically opposite angles true?
When two straight lines intersect the vertically opposite angles are equal.

But, can we say that, if the vertically opposite angles of two lines are equal then the lines are straight?

The angles marked equal in orange, come after comparing the two congruent triangles, in the attached image.

SolveForum.com may not be responsible for the answers or solutions given to any question asked by the users. All Answers or responses are user generated answers and we do not have proof of its validity or correctness. Please vote for the answer that helped you in order to help others find out which is the most helpful answer. Questions labeled as solved may be solved or may not be solved depending on the type of question and the date posted for some posts may be scheduled to be deleted periodically. Do not hesitate to share your thoughts here to help others.

Unreplied Threads

[Solved] QGIS 3.26 is messing with my project files

Pitheas Asks: QGIS 3.26 is messing with my project files
At some point, not from a fresh install, when I open a qgz file, even from within the program even from windows explorer (Win.10), it opens some layers from that project and some layers from another project, I was working two months ago. The missing vector files, which have been replaced by the vector files of the older project, have the same names ("P" for points for example) but they are in different directories. I added the missing files, redo the styling, saved as different names, and in qgs format, with the same results. It is the third project that does that mess. I uninstalled and reinstalled Qgis but it has the same problem. Is there something else to do before I decide to install to Q 3.28 or 3.22 LTR with the hope, that it won't have the same problem? A directory to clean/delete files?

SolveForum.com may not be responsible for the answers or solutions given to any question asked by the users. All Answers or responses are user generated answers and we do not have proof of its validity or correctness. Please vote for the answer that helped you in order to help others find out which is the most helpful answer. Questions labeled as solved may be solved or may not be solved depending on the type of question and the date posted for some posts may be scheduled to be deleted periodically. Do not hesitate to share your response here to help other visitors like you. Thank you, solveforum.

[Solved] How could I fix QGIS measuring incorrectly my distances?

gordie Asks: How could I fix QGIS measuring incorrectly my distances?
I made a QGIS project to calculate some measures about the city I live in (in Belgium). Problem is, I noticed that I get very different results when measuring elements, in Google Maps vs in QGIS. Example: the same line measures 2.5km in Google Maps while it is 3.2km in QGIS.

I guess this is related to a wrong CRS - I didn't change anything when I created the project, those are the default values. Mine is EPSG:3857 for the project. It seems that there are also per-layer CRS, but they are also ESPG:3857 (WGS 84 / Pseudo-Mercator).

How could I fix my project so that I can measure the correct distances? Will it fix the existing layers and measures?

SolveForum.com may not be responsible for the answers or solutions given to any question asked by the users. All Answers or responses are user generated answers and we do not have proof of its validity or correctness. Please vote for the answer that helped you in order to help others find out which is the most helpful answer. Questions labeled as solved may be solved or may not be solved depending on the type of question and the date posted for some posts may be scheduled to be deleted periodically. Do not hesitate to share your response here to help other visitors like you. Thank you, solveforum.

Nicely typeset SMILES in LaTEx

Bulawa Asks: Nicely typeset SMILES in LaTEx
I am currently trying to include SMILES notation of molecules into my thesis. They are strings which look something like this:

CC1=C(C(=O)C[C@@H]1OC(=O)[C@@H]2C@H/C=C(\C)/C(=O)OC)C/C=C\C=C

Is there any way to nicely typeset them, ideally with automatic line brakes. I would have wanted to put them into the experimental as \data{}, like MS data, but that does not work. Either there is an awfully long gap between until the string actaully starts or there is a char in the SMILES which breaks the compilation. Naturally I can render the document, look, and brake the line manually, but that sounds stupid. And both mathy enviroments ($$) or \verb fancyvrb verbatim type enviroments dont brake lines by themselves.

Does anyone have experience with that sort of problem or a bright idea?

SolveForum.com may not be responsible for the answers or solutions given to any question asked by the users. All Answers or responses are user generated answers and we do not have proof of its validity or correctness. Please vote for the answer that helped you in order to help others find out which is the most helpful answer. Questions labeled as solved may be solved or may not be solved depending on the type of question and the date posted for some posts may be scheduled to be deleted periodically. Do not hesitate to share your thoughts here to help others.

Adiabatic approximation upper bound

Atsjo Asks: Adiabatic approximation upper bound
In the Wikipedia article "Born–Huang approximation" it is stated that this adiabatic approximation gives an upper bound for the ground-state energy, referencing Born, M.; Kun, H. Dynamical Theory of Crystal Lattices; Oxford University Press, 1954. I do not have access to this book and I could not find any resources on this particular subject. Could anyone show me how the adiabatic approximation gives an upper bound for the ground-state energy or direct me to a resource that does?

How to restore shine to a copper coin dulled by acid and did I use to much acid

• I have many questions
  • Chemistry
  • Replies: 0
I have many questions Asks: How to restore shine to a copper coin dulled by acid and did I use to much acid
I found an old copper 1 cent coin of all places, outside on the asphalt road one day. On the tail side, though a little dirty, it had some shine and you can see the coin value, the other side was completely covered in black gunk. It is pretty old and rare so I wanted to clean it.

Since acidic substances remove copper oxide, I put the coin in a bottle cap with about 3mls of black vinegar as that was the only type of vinegar I had access to.

Here's my problem though, I think I may have done more damage than good. Rather than leaving it in for 1 or even 5 minutes (which I now see is the recommended time), I left it in for several hours (5-6 hours, 2-3 each time) because that's how long I used to keep oxidised coins (albeit not copper) and screws. Afterwards, I flipped it over to repeat the process because the side touching the bottom of the cap (the blackened head side) had less exposure to the vinegar during the first soak, and was less clean than the top tail side. Then I realised the penny is not shiny at all anymore like it used to be - the tail side is clean, against recommendations I cleaned the heads side with a paper towel which removed some but not all of the blackened gunk, but the penny is not shiny and it seems that some of the few remaining details on the tail side was worn away from being left in the vinegar too long. I am not sure if the details were actually worn away or if the details were just easier to distinguish before I cleaned it because of the dust in the crevices.

No, the coin has not turned green.

My question now is, how can I at least restore shine to the coin? (I read that olive oil, but not virgin olive oil, can be used to do so, but I am not sure what kind of oil we have so didn't use it). How can I finish cleaning it non-destructively?

Thank you in advance.

Engine revs up when in park

• Noah Clark
  • Physics
Noah Clark Asks: Engine revs up when in park
I have a 2001 Saturn SC2, and occasionally when I put it in park after driving, it will rev up at a steady pace and just keep raising up the rpm, it does not stop unless I either put it back in drive (rpm drops way back down and shifts very hard) or, shut down the engine. If I go with the first method, shifting back into drive, right when I put it in park again it continues to do it and wont stop unless the engine is shut down, which feels terrible. It also will idle low and rough when its in park and not revving up as I said before. I have cleaned out the throttle body, cleaned up the IAC as much as possible, it has a new front oxygen sensor (because it went bad) and I even use injector cleaner every few times at the pump to ensure cleanliness since Saturns usually all seem to run rich. Anyways, these problems are driving me crazy and I'm stuck between a new IAC or a throttle position sensor. Am I wrong? please help so I dont waste money or cause damage!

how can a conductor with high capacitance store more charge at less potential?

• Mohit Bhaker
  • Physics
Mohit Bhaker Asks: how can a conductor with high capacitance store more charge at less potential?
In my textbook a statement is given that goes like "for large C , V is small for a given Q". I am not getting it if charge on a capacitor is increasing wouldn't it increase potential between them. why does it even depend on C?. can someone explain it intuitively.